Complaints & Disputes

Complaints to the Owners Corporation must be in writing in the approved form.
The Owners Corporations Act 2006 sets out a process to help Owners Corporations deal with complaints and disputes. This process may involve three steps:

  • Internal dispute resolution – Grievance meeting
  • Application to VCAT

The Owners Corporation must have an internal dispute resolution process to handle complaints about breaches of the Rules, Act and/or Regulations. This must be invoked prior to the Owners Corporation making an application to VCAT in the event the complaint cannot be resolved.
You as a member of the Owners Corporation can make an application directly to VCAT for a matter which you wish to have dealt with personally.
VCAT can impose penalties for breaches of rules and make a wide range of other orders.

Download the Owners Corporation Complaint Form.

  • victoria body corporate
  • body corporate management
  • body corporate managers